Sunday 30 January 2011

Love Never Fails!

This post may get a bit repetitive. If it does, I apologise now, yet I'm not sorry for it at all. Don't you just love ambiguity? :P
Also, anyone who has been around me today, or has been on my Facebook page will be seeing a pattern in my thoughts.

I have had a song in my head for the past day or two and I love it: Jesus Culture's rendition of Your Love Never Fails. Obviously the music side of it is pretty sweet and easy to rock out to but the lyrics have just kept on reminding me today that God’s love will in fact never fail!
As the well-known 1 Corinthians 13 lists the qualities of love, and since God is love...need I say more?

...of course I do.

He loves us all. Unconditionally. His motive for everything in our lives is his love for us. He “causes all things to work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose”.

His ways are not our ways and we don’t always, in fact we rarely understand how and why He does certain things in life. Thankfully when it seems like He’s not paying attention or that He’s not talking to you, I believe it’s because He’s working on something in/through you. Come on, He never sleeps, He’s gonna be doing something!

He knows how to reach that part of our hearts we didn’t think anyone knew about, and is more than capable of mending the broken parts.

Do me a favour: find the song online and really think about what’s being said.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Aye, ready!

    This is so true - he is always there!

    In terms of God always doing something: technically, because to be doing something this would suggest a beginning and an end of doing something, and time is a construct of God's created universe, this means God is outside of time and therefore is not only always doing something, he is always not doing something at the same time.

    If you extend this theology too far, you can pray for someone to have a good day yesterday...hmm...beard scratching moment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that insight Paul. You're right, that theology can go VERY far.

    ReplyDelete