Saturday 16 October 2010

K2 - The Mountain Laughs

John 10:10 says: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Have you ever felt under attack?

Not necessarily by flesh and blood, but by an invisible enemy who seems to have a say in every part of your life. Sometimes, the worst part is that this enemy uses flesh and blood to find a chink your metaphorical armour.

When I said about the thief; he steals, kills and destroys, but what exactly? What is it that is so valuable or threatening that it must be destroyed (or attempted)?

This is not a repeat, or a dwelling on the negative. It just so happens that on the mountain, even once you reach the stage where fear no longer grips you, the threat is unfortunately no less present. I know that K2 is still alive and still mocking. But I am not afraid. I refuse to be discouraged for I have a higher authority ruling my life.

With thanks to Jesus, who showed perfect love [and perfect love conquers ALL fear] I am putting my trust in God Almighty.

K2 is in HIS hands.

He has it, and He has the wisdom, power and strength to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment