Tuesday 5 October 2010

K2 - "Who are you to me?"

Here's the second part to a previous ramble on life and its struggles.

Of all places, while waiting on our food at a Chinese restaurant the other day, due to lack of people I knew to talk to, I found myself pondering a certain situation.
I don’t know if it was the mood I was in, but it was like enough was enough in my mind: I had had enough of being nervous or afraid of this K2. Life was so much easier before there was an issue, and I for one refuse to let this damage my future. My conclusions came together in potential lyrics for a song.
Some lines include “I won’t feel sorry anymore” and “I don’t have any more time to waste on you...”
Funnily, 2 songs come to mind and some up how I’m feeling. They too are Paramore songs ‘Ignorance’ and ‘Feeling Sorry’. Please feel free to look them up. The first is more direct in this case. (Thank you Hayley Williams for writing words to fuel this very blog) :P

So back this post:
I have no more time to waste on being miserable, or feeling sorry for myself or others involved. This K2 was beyond a joke a LONG time ago. It didn’t need to get this far and could have been sorted long ago, but that would have been too easy (sarcasm comes too easily).

I am no longer, and refuse to be a victim in this. But as long as there are collateral casualties because of K2, it will continue to be a thorn in many a side. The mistake would be letting it have attention and to focus on it until it has its way. My new mindset is that no matter how long it’s there, this thorn will NOT ruin my life. I am past being sick and tired. Let’s call it altitude sickness from the journey in conquering K2.

With reference to Psalm 118, when all nations surround me, even on every side, even when they swarm around me like bees but they died out as quickly as burning thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

That may sound dramatic, but how I see it is that even when a simple situation can feel like an army of enemies have you covered, you can cut them off in Jesus’ name.

Refuse to be defeated!

I’ll leave you with this:

Psalm 16:8 - I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment